I stand there arms above my head. I listen to the giggles of the other girls. Feeling the mat beneath my feet. I might be ready.
I bend my knees. I get ready to jump into the air. Then I swing my arms feeling the air whoosh through my fingers. My arms swing back up again through the air. Now I jump high. I follow my hands as the descend gradually to the blue mat. I hold my handstand at the top. My knees locked legs straight, toes pointed, and my eyes closed.
I still hear the sound of the little girls again. Now the sound of the air conditioner comes in. still upside down my legs start to pike down. My toes becoming un pointed. My eyes open back up. Fingers pushing off the mat with great force. Knees slightly staring to bend while I land and absorb the landing.
I bend my knees getting the power for the back tuck. I push my feet off the floor as hard as I can. My legs go straight for about a slip second. They bend as my body begins flipping high into the cool air. I now hear a different sound, a sound of music that one of the little girls had turned on/ it began very quiet she turns it up louder. The music gives me more adrenaline so I get more height on my flip.
When I reach the top of the flip my toes pointed hard and my knees tucked tightly into my chest. my eyes actually stay open this time. I see the floor and my knees shoot out from my chest and my feet flex hard. Stiff as a board I feel my feet touch the mat and I stand up at first the bend my knees for the rebound.
I jump and my feet lift off the ground as my body’s flying. Air rushes around me like the start of handspring. My toes pointed once again. Arms straight up. My feet reach the ground with my feet flexed like pancakes.
My knees bend while I absorb the landing. Then I straighten my knees and raise my arms for the finish. I heat the Woe’s and Woo’s of the girls that were watching me. A smile comes across my face as I walk off.
No comments:
Post a Comment